POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : POV Plug-ins (was Re: pov to moray conversions: possible?) : Re: POV Plug-ins (was Re: pov to moray conversions: possible?) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:31:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV Plug-ins (was Re: pov to moray conversions: possible?)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 19 Mar 2000 20:38:43
Message: <chrishuff_99-C0BC70.20404419032000@news.povray.org>
In article <38d57e11@news.povray.org>, "Ian Burgmyer"
<the### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

> I mean something like import/export plugins.
> Not if someone wanted an export plugin.

We already have an interpreted language, do you want another one?
Specifically for export plugins?
How do you want these things to work? Would they be accessed from the
scene file or the .ini file, or would they be part of the
platform-specific portion of the program?

> We have that already.  #macro
>
> Or did you mean something more interactive, flexible or more complex?

Actually, what I mean is basically macros that can be called with the
object syntax. So you do MyObject {Position VALUE} instead of
MakeObject(VALUE). Or ExportToWhatever{OBJECTS}

--
Chris Huff
e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom